Two birds with one stone
In this cooking and fishing leveling guide, you will learn the quickest way to level cooking and fishing together all the way from 1 to 300. You will be using only things that can be acquired with fishing or at vendors.
If you only want to level Fishing, you can just sit at any fishable water in the world and you will get skill points all the way to 300. During this guide, you should always keep the fish you get until you have cooked them.
Recipes you will need
Find Kelsey Yance in Booty Bay and get the following Recipes from him:
- Recipe: Mithril Head Trout
- Recipe: Filet of Redgill
While you are here, you should also get the Book that trains Fishing 150-225 from Old Man Heming in Booty Bay. In addition, you will need to get Recipe: Baked Salmon from one of the following Vendors:
- Alliance: Vivianna on the very north end of the Feathermoon Stronghold.
- Horde: Sheendra Tallgrass in Feralas at Camp Mojache.
Classic Cooking & Fishing Leveling Guide 1 – 300
1-75 Mulgore / Elwynn Forest
Find Kah Mistrunner in Thunder Bluff and train Fishing. You can ask a guard for the exact location. Then Buy to following Recipes from Naal Mistrunner, who is standing next to the nearby cooking trainer:
- Recipe: Brilliant Smallfish
- Recipe: Longjaw Mud Snapper
Now find Aska Mistrunner, train Cooking and get the Recipe: Bristle Whisker Catfish from Naal Mistrunner, near her. Now start fishing from Stonebull Lake in Mulgore until you reach skill 75.
Find Arnold Leland in Stormwind and train Fishing, you can ask a guard for directions. Buy the following Recipes from Catherine Leland, standing next to him:
- Recipe: Brilliant Smallfish
- Recipe: Bristle Whisker Catfish
Go to Goldshire and train Cooking from Tomas in the Inn, then find Tarynn Bouden in the middle of Goldshire and get Recipe: Longjaw Mud Snapper. Now you should start fishing in a lake near Goldshire to get your Fishing skill up to 75.
75-165 Thunder Bluff / Stormwind
Go back to Thunder Bluff and fish in the pond near the Auction House until you reach Fishing skill 165. You will get Raw Brilliant Smallfish and Longjaw Mud Snapper which you will need for cooking.
Go back to Stormwind and fish in the canals until you reach Fishing skill 165. You will get Raw Brilliant Smallfish and Longjaw Mud Snapper which you will need for cooking.
- 1-50 Learn Recipe: Brilliant Smallfish and cook it until you reach skill level 50.
- 50-100 Learn Recipe: Longjaw Mud Snapper
Don’t forget to train your cooking before you reach 75. Get the following Recipe before you leave for Western Plaguelands:
- Alliance: Recipe: Curiously Tasty Omelet from Kendor Kabonka in Stormwind City.
- Horde: Recipe: Hot Lion Chops from Zargh in Northern Barrens at the Crossroads.
165-225 Western Plaguelands
Go the the Western Plaguelands and fish there for Raw Bristle Whisker Catfish and Raw Mithril Head Trout(needed later). You can also go to Dustwallow Marsh and fish in inland water (not in the ocean!) for the Raw Bristle Whisker Catfish, though keep in mind that you still need the Raw Mithril Head Trout!
- 100-175 Learn Recipe: Bristle Whisker Catfish and cook it unit 175.
You will need to train you cooking skill again before you reach 150, so you don’t loose out on any skill points. To skill fishing after 225, you have to do a quest called “Nat Pagle, Extreme Angler” for Nat Pagle in Dustwallow Marsh. He is on an island in the Bay area.
225-300 Eastern Plaguelands
Go east towards the Eastern Plaguelands and fish there. Keep all the fish you get here, you will need them. To skill cooking after 225, you have to do a quest called “Clamette Surprise” for Dirge Quikcleave in Gadgetzan – Tanaris.
- 175-225 Learn Recipe: Mithril Head Trout and cook them until 225.
- 225-250 Learn Recipe: Filet of Redgill and cook it!
- 250-275 Go to Undercity/Ironfore and train the Recipes for Poached Sunscale Salmon and Nightfin Soup at the trainer. Then cook all of your Sunscales and Nighfins that you fished earlier.
- 275-300 Learn Recipe: Baked Salmon and cook your Salmon until you reach 300!
Note that you might have to go back and forth between Eastern Plaguelands and your respective City if you didn’t get enough fish the first time.
Congratulations on Cooking and Fishing 300!
TBC Cooking & Fishing Leveling Guide 300 – 375
Fishing Guide 300 – 375
- 300-315: 10-15x Large Raw Mightfish in Azshara Bay.
- 316-340: 35x Zangarian Sporefish in Zangarmarsh.
- 351-375: 30x Golden Darter in Terokkar Forest
Cooking Guide 300 – 375
- 300-310: 10x Mightfish Steak
- The Recipe for this is sold by Vivianna in Feathermoon Stronghold and by Sheendra Tallgrass in Camp Mojache both in Feralas.
- 310-340: 35x Blackened Sporefish
- This Recipe is sold by Juno Dufrain in Cenarion Refuge, Zangarmarsh.
- 341-360: 30x Golden Fish Sticks
- Sold by Rungor at Stonebreaker Hold, Terokkar Forest (Horde) and Innkeeper Biribi at Allerian Stronghold, Terokkar Forest (Alliance).
- 360-375: 30-50x ManyMok’Nathal Shortribs
- Sold by Xerintha Ravenoak at Evergrove in Blade’s Edge Mountains. Alternatively, you can craft things using the fish from the fishing daily quest.
TBC Cooking & Fishing Trainers
- Master Cookbook
- (Neutral) Naka at Cenarion Refuge, Zangarmarsh
- (Alliance) Gaston in Honor Hold, Hellfire Peninsula
- (Horde) Baxter in Thrallmar, Hellfire Peninsula
- Master Fishing Book
- (Neutral) Juno Dufrain at Cenarion Refuge in Zangarmarsh – (Master Fishing – The Art of Angling)