How to level up Enchanting
While Enchanting has not changed a lot with TBC, it is still just as great as in Classic. Leveling up Enchanting did get a little bit harder with TBC, as you no longer gain skill points for disenchanting things. However, disenchanting items for gold is a much more viable strategy to gain gold in TBC.
The way to level up Enchanting is to either buy the materials listed below or disenchant items to gain the materials. Then enchant low level things to increase your skill level bit by bit.
Disenchanting items for gold profit
If you have an enchanter, there are quite a few ways to make some extra gold with this profession. A daily scan of the auction house for items that are being sold for less than their disenchanting value is a very good idea. A useful addon for this is Aux with custom filters, or if you want to get even more into it, TSM.
A great resource to find out what different items will disenchant into are the Disenchantig Tables of wowPedia. There is data all the way to WotLK there, and they are very accurate. Alternatively, you can get an Addon like Enchantrix to show this information in the tooltip of the items.
Enchanting Leveling Materials
Materials for Enchanting 1 – 300
- 1x Copper Rod
- 1x Silver Rod
- 1x Golden Rod
- 1x Truesilver Rod
- *1x Arcanite Rod
- 206x Strange Dust
- 11x Lesser Magic Essence
- 21x Greater Magic Essence
- 1x Shadowgem
- 10x Lesser Astral Essence
- 67x Soul Dust
- 1x Iridescent Pearl
- 2x Greater Astral Essense
- 20x Lesser Mystic Essence
- 171x Vision Dust
- 10x Lesser Nether Essence
- 338x Dream Dust
- 24x Greater Nether Essence
- *1x Golden Pearl
- 82x Illusion Dust
- *4x Greater Eternal Essence
- *4x Small Brilliant Shard
- *2x Large Brilliant Shard
- 1x Black Pearl
Materials for Enchanting 300 – 375 (TBC)
- 1x Fel Iron Rod
- 1x Adamantite Rod
- 4x Greater Eternal Essence
- 6x Large Brilliant Shard
- 56x Illusion Dust
- 98x Greater Planar Essence
- 128x Large Prismatic Shard
- 825x Arcane Dust
- 10x Nightmare Vine
- 10x Imbued Vial
- 1x Primal Might
- Expert Enchanter (150-225)
- (Alliance) Kitta Firewind in the tower of Azora
- (Horde) Hgarth in Stonetalon Mountains
- Artisan Enchanter (225-300)
- (Neutral) Annora in Uldaman.
- Master Enchanter (300-375 – TBC)
- (Neutral) Aldor and Scryers each have their own Trainer on their Plateau in Shattrath
- (Alliance) Johan Barnes in Honor Hold, Hellfire Peninsula
- (Horde) Felannia in Thrallmar, Hellfire Peninsula
Recipes required to level up Enchanting
- Formula: Enchant Shield – Greater Stamina
- (Alliance) Mythrin’dir in Darnassus
- (Horde) Daniel Bartlett in the Undercity.
- Formula: Runed Arcanite Rod, Formula: Enchant Cloak – Superior Defense
- (Neutral) Lorelae Wintersong in Moonglade.
Enchanting leveling guide
Classic Enchanting 1 – 300
- 1-2: 1x Runed Copper Rod – (1x Copper Rod, 1x Strange Dust, 1x Lesser Magic Essence)
- 3-75: 76x Enchant Bracer – Minor Health – (1x Strange Dust)
- In Classic, you can also disenchant any item to gain skill points up to 50.
- Train Journeyman Enchanting at a Trainer!
- 76-85: 10x Enchant Bracer – Minor Deflection – (1x Strange Dust, 1x Lesser Magic Essence)
- 86-100: 15x Enchant Bracer – Minor Stamina – (3x Strange Dust)
- 100-101: 1x Runed Silver Rod – (1x Silver Rod, 6x Strange Dust, 3x Greater Magic Essence, 1x Shadowgem)
- 102-105: 4x Enchant Bracer – Minor Stamina – (3x Strange Dust)
- 106-120: 18x Enchant Bracer – Minor Agility – (2x Strange Dust, 1x Greater Magic Essence)
- 121-130: 10x Enchant Shield – Minor Stamina -(2x Strange Dust, 1x Lesser Astral Essence)
- If you don’t have a shield yourself, just buy a cheap green shield on the AH and enchant that.
- 131-150: 20x Enchant Bracer – Lesser Stamina – (2x Soul Dust)
- Train Expert Enchanting at a Trainer!
- 150-151: 1x Runed Golden Rod – (1x Golden Rod, 1x Iridescent Pearl, 2x Greater Astral Essence, 2x Soul Dust)
- 152-160: 10x Enchant Bracer – Lesser Stamina- (2x Soul Dust)
- 161-165: 5x Enchant Shield – Lesser Stamina – (1x Soul Dust, 1x Lesser Mystic Essence)
- 166-180: 15x Enchant Bracer – Spirit – (1x Lesser Mystic Essence)
- 181-200: 20x Enchant Bracer – Strength – (1x Vision Dust)
- 200-201: 1x Runed Truesilver Rod – (1x Truesilver Rod, 1x Black Pearl, 2x Greater Mystic Essence, 2x Vision Dust)
- 202-205: 7x Enchant Bracer – Strength – (1x Vision Dust)
- 206-225: 20x Enchant Cloak – Greater Defense – (3x Vision Dust)
- Train Artisan Enchanting at a Trainer!
- 226-235: 10x Enchant Gloves – Agility – (1x Vision Dust, 1x Lesser Nether Essence)
- 236-245: 12x Enchant Chest – Superior Health – (6x Vision Dust)
- 246-265: 24x Enchant Bracer – Greater Strength – (2x Dream Dust, 1x Greater Nether Essence)
- 266-290: 29x Enchant Shield – Greater Stamina – (10x Dream Dust)
- 290-291: 1x Runed Arcanite Rod – (1x Arcanite Rod, 1x Golden Pearl, 10x Illusion Dust, 4x Greater Eternal Essence, 4x Small Brilliant Shard, 2x Large Brilliant Shard)
- You will need this later on, but it is expensive, so it might be worth skipping it for now.
- 292-300: 9x Enchant Cloak – Superior Defense – (8x Illusion Dust)
TBC Enchanting Leveling Guide 300 – 375
- 300-301: 1x Runed Fel Iron Rod (1 x Fel Iron Rod, 4 x Greater Eternal Essence, 6 x Large Brilliant Shard, 1 x Runed Arcanite Rod)
- 302–305: 7x Enchant Cloak – Superior Defence (8 x Illusion Dust)
- 306–315: 10x Enchant Bracers – Assault or Brawn (6 x Arcane Dust)
- 316–325: 10x Enchant Cloak – Major Armour or Enchant Gloves – Assault (8 x Arcane Dust)
- 326–335: 10x Enchant Chest – Major Spirit (2 x Greater Planar Essence)
- 336–340: 5x Enchant Shield – Major Stamina (15 x Arcane Dust)
- 340–345: 10x Superior Wizard Oil (3 x Arcane Dust, 1 x Nightmare Vine, 1 x Imbued Vial)
- 345–350: 5x Enchant Gloves – Major Strength (12 x Arcane Dust, 1 x Greater Planar Essence)
- 350–351: 1x Runed Adamantite Rod (1 x Adamantite Rod, 8 x Greater Planar Essence, 8 x Large Prismatic Shard, 1 x Primal Might, 1 x Runed Fel Iron Rod)
- 351–360: 15x Enchant Gloves – Major Strength (12 x Arcane Dust, 1 x Greater Planar Essence)
- 360–370: 10x Enchant Ring – Striking (8 x Large Prismatic Shard, 24 x Arcane Dust)
- Requires Consortium Revered Reputation to get the Formula
- 370–375: 5x Enchant Ring – Healing Power (8 x Large Prismatic Shard, 10 x Greater Planar Essence, 20 x Arcane Dust)
- Requires Sha’tar Revered Reputation to get the Formula