How to gain Reputation with Cenation Expedition
The Cenarion Expedition has some pretty good reputation rewards, including a flying mount at exalted status. The best way to gain reputation with them is to do dungeons and turn-in quests until you reach honored. After that you should complete all the regular quests in outlands, which should bring you very close to revered.
That being said, it is also possible to quest through the zones normally and just get your reputation up through dungeons afterwards. There are three dungeons that give reputation with the Cenarion Expedition: Slave Pens, Underbog and Steamvaults.
Here is a useful Infographic I made for you, that shows how long the dungeons and turn-ins give you reputation:
As you can see, the Coilfang Armaments Quest give Reputation all the way to exalted. So in order to have to do the least work, you should save these until you have reached revered. As we know, gaining reputation gets harder the further we get, so having a backlog of tun-ins ready for later is a great help.
Cenarion Expedition Reputation Rewards
The Cenarion Expedition has lots of great rewards, so it would be too much to list them all here. Instead, I will list the most notable rewards and point you to the Quartermaster, to check his stock yourself. You can find the Quartermaster for the Cenarion Expedition, Fedryen Swiftspear in the Cenarion Refuge, Zangarmarsh. Here’s some of the best rewards:
- Cenarion War Hippogryph – Fast Flying mount (requires Riding 300)
- Ashyen’s Gift – Hit Ring with Spellpower and Stamina
- Windcaller’s Orb – Caster/Healer Offhand
- Earthwarden – Druid Bear Tank Weapon (this one is very good)
In addition to these epic items, there are Recipes and Plans for most of the professions, including “[Recipe: Flask of Distilled Wisdom]”, [Recipe: Major Nature Protection Potion] and [Pattern: Nethercleft Leg Armor].
There are also several other Leatherworking and Blacksmithing Recipes. All in all, if you are a druid tank or have one of these professions, the Cenarion Expedition should be one of the first Factions in TBC you grind to exalted.
Neutral to Exalted Guide
The most time efficient way to get this Faction to Exalted without buying stuff for the Turn-In Quests looks something like this:
- Neutral-Honored: Run Slave Pens and Underbog Dungeons until you reach Honored. Ideally while still leveling. Make sure to turn in any Unidentified Plant Parts you might have before reaching honored.
- Honored-Revered: Turn in any Uncatalogued Species you have and start doing Quests. You can also still run Underbog (Normal Mode) to get Reputation until you reach revered.
- Revered-Exalted: With the Heroic Key unlocked, you can now run Slave Pens, Underbog and Steam Vault Heroic to get the rest of your Reputation. Start turning in any Coilfang Armaments you get and finish Questing.