How to get the Crescent Key for DM
In order to enter the East and North wing of the Dire Maul dungeon complex, at least one member of your party will need the DM key, also known as the Crescent Key. It is of of the easier dungeon keys to obtain, and here is how you get it:
- Enter DM East, which doesn’t need a key, and take the left road
- At the end of the road, there is a small demon called Pusillin. You need to talk to it.
- Pusillin will run away a short distance. You don’t need to be quick, just follow him. When you reached him, talk to him again and he will run away again.
- This process repeats itself 4-5 times and at the end, you need to kill the demon, who will then drop the DM key for every party member.
Why you should run Dire Maul
Apart from the fact that the North wing of Dire Maul can be done solo by some classes, which I will explain in detail in a future post, there are several good reasons to be running the dungeon.
- Some of the gear in DM is on par with loot from the Molten Core and other raids. It is a great way to catch up if you haven’t been able to raid a lot yet.
- There are class specific quests for all classes in the Dire Maul dungeon complex. This includes better water for mages and 100% mount quests for paladins & warlocks.
- Tons of new crafting Patterns for Tailors, Leatherworkers and Blacksmiths!
- The Librams that already dropped during Phase 1 can now be turned in for Head or Leg Enchants inside of Dire Maul North.
- The Quest for Quel’Serrar, an epic sword, can be started in DM with a book called “Foror’s Compendium of Dragon Slaying”
As you can see, there are tons of reasons why you should be running Dire Maul! And even if you don’t need anything from there, it can be a good way to make some extra gold. If you want more detailed information about the things I mentioned above, check out this link.