Other Naxxramas Guides
The first boss in the Spider Wing of Naxxramas, Anub’Rekhan, is one of the easiest bosses in the raid. As there is a bunch of nature damage during this fight, some Nature Protection Potions might be useful. Here’s what you need to watch out for:
- He will Impale a random player, sending spikes towards him. Anyone who gets hit by these spikes will take damage and get launched into the air. They need to be avoided.
- Locust Swarm will summon a Crypt Guard add, which you will need to off-tank, facing away from the raid.
- During Locust Swarm, players in range will take massive nature damage and Abun’Rekhan moves slower. The tank will need to kite the boss in a circle around the edge of the room. Be aware that Locust Swarm can also silence players hit by it.
- Whenever anything dies near Anub, he will summon Corpse Scarabs from the body. These need to be killed quickly to avoid players dying and thus summoning more Scarabs.
Grand Widow Faerlina
While this boss is a bit more tricky, with some coordination and quick reactions from the priests in the party, Faerlina should die, too.
The Main Tank should tank the boss, while the adds should be tanked by one or two offtanks. There are two types of adds: Followers, which need to be killed right at the start, as they have an AoE silence. Then there is the Worshiper, which needs to stay alive to dispel the Enrage effect on the boss!
- Every minute, the boss will Enrage. The Naxxramas Worshiper needs to be Mind controlled by a priest, as this add has an ability to remove to Enrage from Faerlina. This needs to happen as quick as possible and priests should enact a rotation for this, as the MT will take massive damage during the Enrage.
- Poison Bolt Volley works similar as in AQ40, and it needs to be dispelled by Druids, Shamans and Paladins as a priority, in order to keep the Raid damage to a minimum. Of course, anything to protect against nature damage is useful here.
- The Grand Widow will cast Rain of Fire at a random location, which you will need to avoid as quick as possible. In combination with the Poison Bolt Volley, even a single tick of the fire can be deadly.
In preparation for this fight, taking your PvP insignias can be useful to get out of the cocoon, as is counts as a stun effect.
The MT will tank the boss in the center of the room, while keeping his damage mitigating abilities and effects ready for the Web Sprays.
- Web Wrap will knock players to the edge of the room and wrap them in a cocoon. The cocoon deals damage over time and needs to be killed by ranged DDs in order to free the player inside.
- Web Spray is very dangerous. Maexxna will Web the entire Raid for 8 seconds and deal massive nature damage. The MT will need to keep his CDs for this.
- Poison Shock is the reason Maexxna needs to be tanked facing away from the raid. It deals nature damage in a code in front of her.
- Necrotic Poison needs to be dispelled by Druids, Shamans and Paladins as quick as possible. It reduces incoming healing by 90% !!
- The boss will occasionally spawn Spiderlings below her. these should be AoEd down be range DDs and cleaved by melee DDs. They will quickly run towards the healers, so they need to be killed before this happens.
- At 30% health, the huge spider will enter an Enrage Phase, dealing more damage and faster. Be sure to push her below 30% just after a Web Spray happened! And then nuke her down as quick as possible.