The Drakefire Amulet
At the end of the long quest chain that is the Onyxia’s Lair Attunement, the player acquires the Drakefire Amulet. This amulet is required in the players inventory in order to enter, though it doesn’t need to be worn. In the following Post, I will go through the steps for Alliance and Horde to get the Drakefire Amulet.
Onyxia’s Lair Attunement for Alliance
- Go to Morgan’s Vigil in southern Burning Steppes and accept the quest Dragonkin Menace from Helendis Riverhorn. You need to kill some dragons in the eastern part of the zone. Some of them are elite, so be sure to be ready or bring a friend.
- Go back to Morgan’s Vigil and turn in Dragonkin Menace and accept The True Masters quest from Helendis Riverhorn.
- You need to deliver something to the Mayor of Lakeshire in Redridge Mountains. Turn it in and accept the follow-up quest.
- Now deliver the Letter to Bolvar Fordragon in Stormwind City. He wants you to talk to the woman next to him, so do it, and get to next quest, still called The True Masters.
- Finally, go back to Magistrate Solomon in Redridge and turn in the quest. Then go back to Morgain’s Vigil in the Burning Steppes, where you need speak with Ragged John and then turn it in to Marshall Maxwell. Accept the next quest Marshall Windsor
- Kill High Interrogator Gerstahn in the Blackrock Depths for the Prison Cell Key, go back a bit to Marshal Windsor in his cell, turn in Marshal Windsor and accept Abandoned Hope.
- Now go back to Marshall Maxwell in the Burning Steppes and turn in Abandoned Hope. He won’t give you a follow up quest.
- To get to the next part of the quest line, you need to go back to the Blackrock Depths and kill the dwarfs there until you get an item called “A Crumlped Up Note”. which gives you the next quest.
- Find Marshall Windsor in his cell again and turn in the quest. Then accept A Shred Of Hope.
- You now have to kill Golem Lord Argelmach and General Angerforge in BRD, get Marshal Windsor’s Lost Information from them, and return to Marshal Windsor.
- DO NOT ACCEPT Jain Break! Until you have cleared the path that the Marshal will take. This includes the path where his cell is, the Halls of Law, which is the ring around the arena and the open area at the entrance. Once this is done, accept Jail Break!
- When done, return to Marshall Maxwell and accept the next quest Stormwind Rendezvous.
- Go to the front gate of Stormwind City and talk to Squire Rowe. When he summons Windsor, turn in Stormwind Rendezvous and accept The Great Masquerade. Follow him, stand back and let Bolvar do the fighting. Easily soloable, just make sure not to take aggro. Turn it in at Bolvar and accept The Dragon’s Eye.
- You need to go to Haleh in Winterspring. Run through the cave just east of where she stands and in the back is a blue circle which teleports you to her. You can either unequip all your gear and corpse-run through it, or bring a group to fight the elites here. Turn in The Dragon’s Eye and accept Drakefire Amulet.
- And Finally, you have to kill General Drakkisath in UBRS and loot his blood. Then bring the blood to Haleh to complete the questline and get your Drakefire Amulet.
Onyxia’s Lair Attunement for Horde
- Go to Kargath in Badlands and speak to Warlord Goretooth in the tower. Keep asking him questions until you get Warlord Goretooth’s Command. Right click the item to start the quest Warlord’s Command.
- Kill Overlord Wyrmthalak, Highlord Omokk, and War Master Voone in LBRS. Also retrieve the Important Blackrock Documents that randomly spawn on the ground beside either Wyrmthalak, Omokk or Voone. Then return to Warlord Goretooth, turn in the quest, and accept Eitrigg’s Wisdom.
- Find Eitrigg in Orgrimmar. The coordinates are 34:39. If you don’t have an Addon for coordinates, he is inside of Grommash Hold, the large building in The Valley of Wisdom. He will send you to Thrall, who is in the same building.
- Get the next quest from Thrall called For The Horde!. Go to UBRS and kill Warchief Rend Blackhand. You may need a raid of 10 for this. Get his head and return it to Thrall. Get the next quest What The Wind Carries, ask him some questions and then continue with The Champion of the Horde.
- For this quest, you have to find Rexxar in Desolace. He patrols between Stonetalon and Feralas, along the main road. He will give you the next part of the questline, Mistress of Deception. Go to and find Myranda The Hag in Sorrow Hill, Western Plaguelands.
- Get the quest Oculus Illusions from her, then kill dragons in UBRS and collect their eyes. Return to Myranda when you have 20 eyes.
- The next part, Emberstrife, can be done solo, even though it’s an elite quest. Just go to Dustwallow Marsh and find the southernmost cave at 54;84. Use the amulet Myranda gave to you to turn into a dragonling, so you can talk to Emberstrife. He will give you three quests, to kill three dragons, so make sure to have enough slots in your quest log.
- The Test of Skulls, Scryer: He is in a cave in Winterspring. Coords for the entry are: 57:49. A party of 3-5 can easily take him down. Be sure to loot his skull.
- The Test of Skulls, Somnus: This one is in Swamp of Sorrows. He patrols around the little islands between the lake and the shore. Again, bring a party of 3-5 people.
- The Test of Skulls, Chronalis: Find the dragon in the east of Tanaris, near the Caverns of Time. Bring some friends.
- Return the quests to Emberstrife and get the next one: The Test of Skulls, Axtroz. Travel to Wetlands and find and kill Axtroz in the east, near Grim Batol. Rough Coordinates are 81:47. He is slightly harder than the others, so keep that in mind when building your group. Return to Emberstrife with Axtroz’s skull.
- Go back to Rexxar in Desolace for the next quest, Ascension…, he will send you on the final quest, called Blood of the Black Dragon Champion.
- Now you have to kill General Drakkisath in UBRS and loot his blood. Return to Rexxar with the blood and he will give you your Drakefire Amulet!
- Congratulations! You have completed the Onyxia’s Lair Attunement.